Monday, March 21, 2011

Filmmaker Shankar delivers not just good movies; he also delivers good speeches.

The director, who has an impressive list of hits to his name, recently spoke about a valuable lesson that he had learnt from his mentor S A Chandrashekar, who is also the dad of actor Vijay.
Shankar said, “I was a lazy person when I was a 23-year-old. I was then working as an assistant director to S A Chandrashekar. I was someone who was irresponsible then. However, one day, SAC sir chided me for not carrying out a task that he had assigned to me. He told me then, ‘If you don’t work hard now, you will never come up in life.’ That statement changed me. It got rid of my laziness and I began working hard after that. He was the one who disciplined me.”
The director also showered praises on SAC’s son, Vijay, with whom he is now working in Nanban. Said Shankar, “I see the same discipline in Vijay. I’ve been observing him right from the time we started work on Nanban. He is always on time and is a very hard and committed worker.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...